Friday, November 8, 2013

If anyone knew better the fear and pain of losing someone they loved so deeply, it would be Edgar Allen Poe.

A girl I met recently through POF shared this with my on my Facebook profile. The girls name is Sabrina. She's a cute, young, confident and very mature girl who has a way of seeing what it is that makes me tick with such little effort. In the wake of my heartache, she was there to nurse me back to health and is still at my bedside at every moment. She told me that I don't allow my heart to feel, that my fear is and will keep me from experiencing love in all its glory. That apathy and resignation has always been my biggest fear; that I will one day be unable to love out of so much pain, that my heart will become locked away and impossible to reach even by my own hands. The quote she shared is from the tortured mind of poetic genius Edgar Allen Poe. Poe was plagued by the loss of the women he loved in his life the most. Most of them died in his arms, and there was nothing he could do about it. Death found it fit to take away the one thing in his life he desired and longed for the most, a woman to love him unconditionally despite his darkness. Although he was one of the most brooding and pessimistic minds to exist in the world of writing, he had an overwhelming capacity for true and unbridled love. That ability proved to be both a blessing and a curse. Because he lived through each loss, with the aid of mistress alcohol, I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. This particular quote, however, allowed me to realize that Poe and I have more in common than I had previously realized. So, without further ado...

No comments:

Post a Comment